Friday, April 27, 2012

[grandma ailstock]

November 28, 1954- April 19, 2012

My Grandma Ailstock was a wonderful woman of God. 
She loved unconditionally and had a heart of gold; the world truly was a better place because of her. 
Throughout her lifetime, she was a foster parent to 87 children. But her love doesn't end there. God gave her a vision and told her he needed her in Heaven to take care of the babies.
It gives me peace knowing that's what she is doing right now. 
I will miss her laugh, her macaroni and cheese, and sharing our wedding anniversary with her. 

We went to Virginia for the funeral. My grandparents house is on a mountain. No cell phone signal and exactly one radio station.
Simple
From our time there, listening to others talk about my grandma's life, 
I was reminded of how simple being a Christian really is. 
Living in the world of a Christian college, we get wrapped up in the theological discussions and debates. We do inductive Bible studies to understand scripture better. We forget how simple it really is. 
My grandma never went to college. 
Yet she understood what I sometimes forget.
 We are called to love God and love others.
It really is that simple. 
So grandma, along with everything else, thanks for teaching me this.











No comments:

Post a Comment